Use of the Thorp Public Library computer equipment is provided as a courtesy to the Thorp Public Library patrons. This is a privilege, not a right, and may be denied at anytime. The following rules adhere:
- Patrons are expected to sign in at the circulation desk for use of computer. Computer use operates on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Patron may use computer for thirty minutes at a time per twenty-four hour period. If no other patron is waiting, said patron may remain on computer for an additional thirty minutes. One hour is the maximum time allowed daily.
- No more than two people per computer.
- Computers disks may be purchased at the desk at a cost of $1.00 per disk. Any disks, flash drives or CD’s from outside sources that are used on public computers must be uncorrupt and free of viruses. No outside computers are permitted to be connected (hardwired) to internet access point.
- Headphones are available for use at each computer station.
- It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to supervise the actions of their children when they are on the computer in the library.
- It is assumed patrons have basic computer literacy. Library staff is not expected to teach lengthy computer skills on an individual basis.
- If a patron behaves in an inappropriate manner, Thorp Public librarians will ask them to leave and proper authorities will be notified, if necessary.
Thorp Public Library thanks you for your adherence to Library computer-use policy.
Approved by Thorp Public Library Board, Dated: October 10, 2007